Bush and Bog question

I just bought an old 3 pt. hitch Bog at a farm auction. I had some timber thinned and cut and the loading areas and skid roads, can I pull it over the stumps and rocks without much damage to the bog? Or do I need to pick it up as much as possible to avoid them.
 
I've never used or seen a 3-point hook bush and bog, but in the sixties I cleared a few hundred acres of new ground, bought one rome and one athens new ground disc and went to work. Never lifted unless we had to!
good luck
 
Lots of different names for implements, depending on where you are. Around 'here', bush and bog refers to an offset disk and I've never seen a 3-point hitch model (not saying they don't exist). Owned a John Deere for better than 35 years; never broke a blade, never replaced a bearing, never had any trouble except for the flat leaf leveling spring, in 'new' ground, in stumps, etc. I doubt that a 3-point hitch model would be that heavy-made. You're not thinking that having scalloped blades makes it a bush and bog?
 
If you mean a bush and bog harrow you can pull it through the rough stuff as long as the gangs aren;t set too deep.
 
It is a bush and bog. Close to 7 ft. Very heavy. They also sold a large 10 ft. Taylor Way bush and bog with 3 pt. hitch at the auction
I have a picture but don't know how to attach it. I am not very good with computers.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top