Bush hog position

Qbanredneck

New User
Hi, I was trying to research this topic but it leads me to mowing side of things. My question is a dumb one but dont wanna mess things up. I will be driving the tractor, in order to get to a location, through some hilly/uneven/bumpy and so forth off-road path. Will driving the tractor with the bush hog raised up hurt any of the hydraulics. Not sure how much the hydro can take. Or drive it slower with it lowered. Thanks!

(quoted from post at 20:20:48 06/17/23) Hi, I was trying to research this topic but it leads me to mowing side of things. My question is a dumb one but dont wanna mess things up. I will be driving the tractor, in order to get to a location, through some hilly/uneven/bumpy and so forth off-road path. Will driving the tractor with the bush hog raised up hurt any of the hydraulics. Not sure how much the hydro can take. Or drive it slower with it lowered. Thanks!

As long as the tractor and cutter are appropriately sized for each other there should be no problem. You might want some weights on front to help with steering when going up hill carrying a cutter.

Might not hurt the hydraulics though it maybe hard on the driver and equipment as a whole. IF it is to rough. I guess you would need to use your common sense on this one. If it is thrashing around wildly then probably should slow down. bumpy is different things to different people.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back