CA Mag issues

thdrduck

Got me stumped. My boys tractor has ran great for years. Always started easy by hand. Then, when the engine got warm it would die and restart after it cooled. Then nothing. Replaced plugs, coil, condenser and polished the points (new ones were junk). I checked to see that the kill switch wasn't grounding out and all 3 coils show the same readings on the ohm meter. The impulse seems to be working but no spark. Must have had that thing apart half a dozen times. At a loss.

How strong is the magnet? Fairbanks Morse magnetos tend lose their charge over time. Much worse than other brands. I have two FM mags on the shelf with
completely dead magnets.

I have a magnet charger and the testers for coil & condenser. If you care to send it
to me I do them as a hobby reasonably cheap. Mail is open. Thanks.

Hi Teddy, the private message screen just came up blank. Let me know where to send it to and I'll get a hold of my boy.

Thanks
Scott

Not lost. If I switch to "classic view" it drops me and I need to log in again but it won't let me log in. I went to my profile and set my email to open. Don't know if that will do anything.

Just talked to the boy, he will bring the mag up to me this sunday. Not too worried about trolls on yt forum so here is my [email protected]

Thanks
Thunder Duck

This post was edited by thdrduck on 10/17/2023 at 02:30 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back