Can anyone help identify this MF Industrial tractor?

Aetoc

New User
Hi there,

I recently purchased this tractor sight unseen from an auction
The auction house/consignee didn't seem to know what model it was, and I'm new to the tractor world, so I'm not sure what to look for. The tractor has been repainted once upon a time, so no numbers are left on it aside from the serial plate (that I can see) it's got a 2.5l Perkins, stamped UA152 on the block. I'm thinking maybe a 20 series, but nothing I look up on Google looks like the one I have, and I don't want to order the wrong manuals for it.

Any ideas?

mvphoto107148.jpg

mvphoto107149.jpg

mvphoto107150.jpg

Hello Aetoc welcome to YT! Could you simply type out
the numbers you see on the serial number plate. When
I enlarge the photo to read them they are just to blurry
especially the ones under the ..tor.. in Tractor.

My apologies. The original photos were too large to upload so the software I used to compress the image made it blurry.

The serial number plate reads "9A 260I45"

(quoted from post at 15:28:00 06/30/23) Hello Aetoc welcome to YT! Could you simply type out
the numbers you see on the serial number plate. When
I enlarge the photo to read them they are just to blurry
especially the ones under the ..tor.. in Tractor.

The last part should all be numbers typically, and the patents on the plate give you an idea of the year, the last patent year is a giveaway

From a post on a facebook group

MF 30 the serial# = 9A 233898

And from this site

9A 75639 seems to be a 1969 MF30

This post was edited by scoobieguy on 07/01/2023 at 12:46 am.

9A260145 (MF used the I as a 1) falls in the range of the 1977 build year for several models, ag and industrial, using that serial number range.

I had a 30 Industrial.
It was an early 70's I think.
That appears to be a 30 also.
Now, please post more photos of that barn and some close ups of the notched corners.
I like it.
Richard in NW SC

A good picture of the grill, and rearend would help, also what engine, and transmission does it have (the more info you can give the better).

Well I guess I was temporarily blind, because I noticed a plate up high on the inside of the cab. I didn't get a pic and I'm away for work now, but it had the cab manufacturer name on it and "30b TL" on it for the model. I'm just wondering if the serial number means it's a 77 then? I can't find a reference to the number. The patent plate shows 1968 as the last year so maybe it's a 68 or 69?

It is doubtful you will find a listing showing your serial number, not every serial number for a year is listed. Most lists just show the first unit serial number built for a year, all serial numbers between that one and the first one of the next year are considered as in that model year. 9A260145 falls in the serial number range for 1977 which started at 9A254045 and would have ended with 9A276934 (1978 serial numbers started at 9A276935).

The 30B TL on the cab tag is a good indication of your model (along with info given in previous posts here). You are likely safe to assume it is a 30B. Just remember, like engines, it is possible that cab could be mounted on several models, so it can't be documented as 100% certain.

The date numbers on the tractor serial number tag you referenced are related to patent information applied on those dates, not the build year of the tractor.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back