Carb setting

dnorum

Member
I have the engine on my '49 8N Eng rebuilt, new dist, new carb etc. starting, running, no tappet noise and runs great under any load. When I idle very slow it drops one or puffs extra and setting the air jet about 1/4 open and the high rpm also puffs, and is open about 1 1/2. and going down hill, engine floating it puffs or drops a few, except under a load, then it runs perfect.
I have learned a lot from this site this last year and like I told one son I am 74 and still learning.
I wonder if this is normal?
 
NO It is not normal.. I am 72 and I do not lrn anything at least if I do I immediately forget it , so of course you are abnormal. Ya Tink. No I meant think not stink papa. Can I have a dollar and fifty cents for the Ice Cream man and hurry he s coming dwn the street. And for Ralphie too, OK? Devious
 
dnorum.......occasional puffin' ...or... missing as you describe it, is semi-normal. I attributed it to BAD sparkie WIRES. You doubt? Go out and LOOK in very DARK NITE for sparkies jumpin'round ontop of the insulation. It will take a while for your eyes to adjust to the DARK before you see the sparkies dancin'.

While it could be slight carb miss-adjustment, iff'n it ain't broke, don't fixxitt until it iss. ......Dell
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top