CARB. SHACK...still NOT officially open!!!!

GB in MT.

[b:02a25b21d2][i:02a25b21d2]email inquiries, for carb overhauls lately!!! I have 3 carbs sitting in the shack right now, waiting for half-way decent/warmer weather, so I can overhaul them, and one more due to come in!!!
You can see why they are not getting done!!! Makes it dang hard, to overhual ANYthing, with this kind of cold, and still getting snow on top of this:....

SEELEY LAKE (SEEM8)
Lat: 47.1758 Lon: -113.4447 Elev: 3908
Last Update on 28 Feb 7:02 MST
Observation Quality is Caution

-14°F
(-26°C) Humidity: 70 %
Wind Speed: NNE 1 G 2 MPH

Barometer: N/A
Dewpoint: -21°F (-29°C)
Wind Chill: -15°F (-26°C)

Makes for long turnarounds, on the overhauls.
Looks like the snow is not gonna go away as soon as predicted, either!!!
28" of the white "Global Warming" , STILL sitting on my front lawn and hillside, with more coming down about every other day!!!
NOT, taking any more carbs in, until it starts warming up here!!!!!

Gary
Cold.gif

[/i:02a25b21d2][/b:02a25b21d2]

Be sure you keep that cold stuff up your way. I just went out side a bit ago in short sleeves and yes it was a tad chilly but not all that bad since it is around 50 or so out right now and calling for temps around 65 today

I agree Keep your cold weather up there. In SE ohio it's 65°F and sunny. Going to plow this afternoon to get the garden ready for taters. -14 Wow that's defiantly chilly.
Hope all is well
Bob

I am the same - when it gets real cold I just shut down - would much rather be too hot than freezing cold when doing any work.

Don't you just love this global warming?? Keep hermie running, looks like more is on the way, just sitting offshore waiting to come in today. Waas fishing on the Columbia RSivere yesterday, real cold but sunny and calm. WOuld have been perfect if we had caught a fish or two!

(quoted from post at 10:02:55 02/28/12) Don't you just love this global warming?? Keep hermie running, looks like more is on the way, just sitting offshore waiting to come in today. Waas fishing on the Columbia RSivere yesterday, real cold but sunny and calm. WOuld have been perfect if we had caught a fish or two!
b:a30faf85d2][i:a30faf85d2]
Morning Bob, and other's;
YEP, we are still getting it here, about two days from your weather ......then we get the same!!!
BUT, I got a feeling that you are not getting the amount of snow we are getting.
Just snapped this pic. about 20 min's ago. We actually had high 20's F. about 11 A.M. yesterday, and this was after bladeing 5-6" out of the upper drive and street.
Only took Hermie about an hour and a half, BUT, by then my feet were like blocks of ice, and my 70yr old body had turned into a giant Goose Pimple!!! :lol:
Give ya a Shiver???? :shock:
Feb282012.jpg

Gary :) [/i:a30faf85d2][/b:a30faf85d2]

(quoted from post at 01:22:45 02/29/12)
(quoted from post at 10:02:55 02/28/12) Don't you just love this global warming?? Keep hermie running, looks like more is on the way, just sitting offshore waiting to come in today. Waas fishing on the Columbia RSivere yesterday, real cold but sunny and calm. WOuld have been perfect if we had caught a fish or two!
b:d383a62144][i:d383a62144]
Morning Bob, and other's;
YEP, we are still getting it here, about two days from your weather ......then we get the same!!!
BUT, I got a feeling that you are not getting the amount of snow we are getting.
Just snapped this pic. about 20 min's ago. We actually had high 20's F. about 11 A.M. yesterday, and this was after bladeing 5-6" out of the upper drive and street.
Only took Hermie about an hour and a half, BUT, by then my feet were like blocks of ice, and my 70yr old body had turned into a giant Goose Pimple!!! :lol:
Give ya a Shiver???? :shock:
Feb282012.jpg

Gary :) [/i:d383a62144][/b:d383a62144]

My Dafodills are blooming!!!

It may be cold there, but remember "it is a dry cold" LOL
Stay warm :)

Fruit trees blooming here. Up to 77 tomorrow. Hit 85 last week in South Georgia!

Gary, don't forget the internal antifreeze!

[b:dcf0d5de2e][i:dcf0d5de2e]
Dave;
OL' Bean!!! I never forget!!!
Keep's the pump tickin', on very cold nights!!! :lol:

Gary :) [/i:dcf0d5de2e][/b:dcf0d5de2e]

KEEPING ALL OF THAT SNOW AND COLD AIR...well...thank you very much. I really appreciate it. This is the first winter that I can ever remember in my 69 years that we have not had enought snow to shovel or plow so far this winter. Heck, the ground isn't even frozen. 'course, we got the St. Patti's Day to get past. I can't count how many times that we have been blasted around then, but you are welcome to keep that too.

[b:e6cf44c860][i:e6cf44c860]
John;
Well golly, what an up-beat reply!!!! :lol:
Glad to hear, at least someone is not getting blasted this yr. It's been a really weird winter.
Have a great G...H...Day, and stay warm!!!

Gary :wink: [/i:e6cf44c860][/b:e6cf44c860]

Gary,I"m not sayin" ANYTHING about your weather!!! Did get to see the 16th 9n built this past weekend... that was cool... I"m sorry, there I go talkin" about your weather again. LOL. Pete

(quoted from post at 21:06:14 02/28/12) Gary,I"m not sayin" ANYTHING about your weather!!! Did get to see the 16th 9n built this past weekend... that was cool... I"m sorry, there I go talkin" about your weather again. LOL. Pete
b:d8541802a4][i:d8541802a4]
So Pete,....you and MiMi (WHATTTTTT) been motoring about the states again.
Must have gone to the Ford museum?????
Good to hear from you!!!

Gary :) [/i:d8541802a4][/b:d8541802a4]

Gary, WHATTT!!! Actually the folks were in town and Mimi and i took them to the Florida Flywheelers spring event. The featured tractors were Ford and Dwight E. had brought his 16th built N seires tractor down from Illinois. He had a little sign on the back that had stated that it was either made on the first or second day of production and was the oldest known N in exsistance!!! He was sitting in a chair in back of the tractor and all I could say is "how ya doing" Stage fright I guess... MAN Mimi married a DORK!!! But on a brighter note, I have something he doesn't... a Gary built carb!!! LOL. Good talking to ya, Pete

Gary, we woke to an inch of wet snow this morning and we are only at 400 feet elevation. Still snowing at 07:30 hours. It is headed your way!
6184.jpg

[b:e2fb57d010][i:e2fb57d010]
Bob;
Man, I hope that stuff lighten's up a little before it gets here!!! We are already getting a pretty fair amount here, with another Winter storm warning that predicts 3-6" more for today, and tonight!!! Plus an additional 1-3" tomorrow afternoon.

Just like I said at the start of winter.........Looks like a LONG, and COLD winter this yr.
Hopeing this will start clearing by late March or first part of April. :shock: Course....I Have seen it snow here in late June/early July!!!

OH YIPPY!!!
Hermie is still perkin' good, and stayin' warm'ish in the big shop!! :wink:

Gary :roll: [/i:e2fb57d010][/b:e2fb57d010]

We"re having a real weird winter here in NYC this year too. Last year we had 60 inches total(a record??). This year we only had one dusting so far and the temperatures way above normal. Just want to let you know that I"m NOT complaining or bragging. Hope it stays this way for the rest of my life and I"ll be happy.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back