Weather..= Back-log in carb Blasting

GB in MT.

[b:394c636fe9][i:394c636fe9]Right now, as of 6:30a.m., this morning, the carb shack is not taking in any more carbs, until the weather changes.
With the rain, thunder & lightning storms we have had, plus the high humidity, over the last four to five days...... I am so backed up with carbs, some are scattered all around my work desk waiting for a dry enough day, to media blast, and there are two more carbs in a box waiting also.!!!
My Blasting kettle keeps plugging up with the high humidity, and over working the air-compressor.

A short look at our weather...(check out the humidity):

SEELEY LAKE (SEEM8)
Lat: 47.1758 Lon: -113.4447 Elev: 3908
Last Update on 04 Jun 6:02 MDT
43°F
(6°C) Humidity: 97 %
Wind Speed: NE 2 G 7 MPH

Barometer: N/A
Dewpoint: 42°F (6°C)
Visibility: Miles

We had 1/2" hail, this a.m., for about 1/2hr.

If you see your name on any of the carbs in this pic., you will know why you have not received your carb up-dates, and /or your carb/carbs return.!!!
Just waiting for a good blasting day......:
WaitingforagoodBlastdayJune42012.jpg

Sorry, for the delay!!!!

Gary :evil:

[/i:394c636fe9][/b:394c636fe9]

(quoted from post at 10:37:26 06/04/12) That's a very appetizing array of caburettors, Gary! What's for dessert - front-mount distributors? :p

es
OL one of them is more lunch than I could handle. :lol:

(quoted from post at 10:27:46 06/04/12) Harbour Freight has one on sale for $119 - Item # 42202. HTH
b:1df94a32a9][i:1df94a32a9]
I hear ya Bob......BUT.....who has that kind of $$'s just layin' around??? Don't sound like much, but it costs me that much to fill 32 Gals of gas into my PU, and that lasts me about 1 1/2 mo's, if I use the 4 wheeler around town!!
Also would not solve my problem with the humidity,.....still would be too much moisture on the compressor.
Damd if ya do,...Damd if ya don't!!!!! :lol: :x :lol:
I'm running two seperators on the air hose, as it is!!! Fills up in the air compressor too!!!

GB :roll: [/i:1df94a32a9][/b:1df94a32a9]

(quoted from post at 10:41:54 06/04/12)
(quoted from post at 10:37:26 06/04/12) That's a very appetizing array of caburettors, Gary! What's for dessert - front-mount distributors? :p

es
OL one of them is more lunch than I could handle. :lol:
b:f0e86a4a70][i:f0e86a4a70]

You two guys are just SOOOOOoooooo funny!!!! :lol: I'm sobbin' my eyes out, and you two are makin' YOKES!!!!

Gary :( [/i:f0e86a4a70][/b:f0e86a4a70]

I agree with some of the othere views. Time for a blasting cabinet. Don't have to spend a lot, build your own. I built a 48" wide one with scrap plywood from a near by const site, a piece of plate glass from a yard sale, syphon tube from scrapped metal electrical conduit, other salvaged material and a gun from TP products. It has served me well for 15 yrs now. It was even featured in a Swedish American car magazine!

Check TP's site, they sell books on how to build your own plus kits to build them. Also saw a nice 2' wide one at a yard sale two weeks ago for $50 asking, just like new too!

Now you know what it's like to live in the South. Kinda feels like you are breathing through a wet wool blanket.

I hear alcohol helps... :wink:

(quoted from post at 09:24:36 06/04/12) I agree with some of the othere views. Time for a blasting cabinet. Don't have to spend a lot, build your own. I built a 48" wide one with scrap plywood from a near by const site, a piece of plate glass from a yard sale, syphon tube from scrapped metal electrical conduit, other salvaged material and a gun from TP products. It has served me well for 15 yrs now. It was even featured in a Swedish American car magazine!

Check TP's site, they sell books on how to build your own plus kits to build them. Also saw a nice 2' wide one at a yard sale two weeks ago for $50 asking, just like new too!

I also built my own cabinet blaster from scrap plywood and whatever else I could scrounge. Installed a moisture trap on the compressed air line feeding into the cabinet, and even here in southwest Iowa where the humidity can easily get up to 90% in July and August, I just keep on 'blastin'.

Yes, pretty humid here in FL too. I just frequently drain the air tank, use an in line water trap and have no moisture problems at all. One thing I must do from time to time is the alum hydroxide I'm now using will clod up if it sits unused, a few pokes in the cabinet with a small flat bar breaks them up and it's ready to go.

GB Let me translate your Montanian to English for these guys. English translation "The Fish are Hitting on Broken Back Repalas". LOL

Would give a bunch for some of that rain over here in Central
Texas. Clay has cracks so big I've got a teather on my dog so I can
pull him out when he falls in....

While you're waitin how bout sharing some tips with us.... You
using beads on the carb bodies? All the brass sure looks pretty....
are those new parts or did you clean'em up? If so, what did you
use?

Gary when ever you get the carb done is fine with me, remember i still have that Gold carb :wink: Do you live near the airport or the lake?

(quoted from post at 15:24:17 06/04/12) Would give a bunch for some of that rain over here in Central
Texas. Clay has cracks so big I've got a teather on my dog so I can
pull him out when he falls in....

While you're waitin how bout sharing some tips with us.... You
using beads on the carb bodies? All the brass sure looks pretty....
are those new parts or did you clean'em up? If so, what did you
use?
b:318fbd678b][i:318fbd678b]
CB;
Usin' 20/30 grit silica sand, for the carb bodies (inside and out)!!!
Actually, I have not cleaned up any of the brass yet,...save a couple of the venturies. The brass gets soaked in the carb cleaner can, with the bowl and throttle body, and after at least 16-20hrs soak, I inspect the brass for any usable parts and save them for emerg. uses. Then what goes into the carb, is mostly NEW parts, from carb kits.
I use a dremall cup-brush on all the brass before installing it in the carb.!!

Takes time, but works smooth!!!

Gary
TSX241BblackbyGBinMT-1.jpg
[/i:318fbd678b][/b:318fbd678b]

(quoted from post at 15:27:22 06/04/12) Gary when ever you get the carb done is fine with me, remember i still have that Gold carb :wink: Do you live near the airport or the lake?
b:f2202e39ae][i:f2202e39ae]
Thanks Mark;
I've had the computer shut down all afternoon, another front came in this afternoon early, with a LOT of rain and Lightning.... :shock: ....Drivin' me NUTS!!! Still raining here, as of this posting...lightning has calmed down to a low rumble!!!
At least it keeps the fires down when it is soaked.

You ever been here or just lookiin' at a map???? We live fairly close to the east side of the lake. And, about a 15min. drive up to the airport!!! Small town, but, scattered all over the place.
About a 10min. walk, from our house and we are in the forest!!! :lol:

GB :) [/i:f2202e39ae][/b:f2202e39ae]

Send your carbs to Motec Engineering.They will rebuild AND test them for $75. I have had about 10 carbs done by Motec and they all worked perfect.

Motec Engineering
7342 W State Road 28
Tipton, IN 46072

(quoted from post at 08:20:28 06/05/12)
WaitingforagoodBlastdayJune42012.jpg

I see you're using the good supper dishes.... :lol:

b:b2bf7e3e25][i:b2bf7e3e25]
jon;
Another lost soul, heard from!!!! :shock:
Yep, Guess a guy COULD call those plates "CHINA"......prob. made there anyway!!!! :lol:

Hope all is good for you there!!!

Gary :) [/i:b2bf7e3e25][/b:b2bf7e3e25]

(quoted from post at 05:27:22 06/05/12) Gary when ever you get the carb done is fine with me, remember i still have that Gold carb :wink: Do you live near the airport or the lake?

He can't fish at the airport!! rRAIN here in Western Oregon the last few days.

Many Thanks to GB in MT. Tractor Guru aka the carburetor whisperer!!!

If you have a problem with any of these MS carburetors (mine is a TSX 458) He is the MAN.

I've worked on engines all my life, I know a fair amount about carburetors, but this one had me stumped.
Gary cleared it up in about 15 minutes.

Thanks again Gary!!!!! (aka the carburetor whisperer!!!!) :D

(quoted from post at 22:38:27 06/07/12)
Many Thanks to GB in MT. Tractor Guru aka the carburetor whisperer!!!

If you have a problem with any of these MS carburetors (mine is a TSX 458) He is the MAN.

I've worked on engines all my life, I know a fair amount about carburetors, but this one had me stumped.
Gary cleared it up in about 15 minutes.

Thanks again Gary!!!!! (aka the carburetor whisperer!!!!) :D
b:6878c6e7f5][i:6878c6e7f5]
Keith;
Yer welcome, anytime, .....AND, thank you for letting me talk to your engine, and carb!!! :lol: It was a "HOOT" 8)
You follow instructions GOOD!!!

Thanks for the nice write up!!!!
Gary
TSX241BblackbyGBinMT-1.jpg
[/i:6878c6e7f5][/b:6878c6e7f5]

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back