Carburetor adjustment, Massey Ferguson model 35 industrial tractor

SKRIETE

New User
OK, I’m a complete moron the other day. I thought I smelled some fuel in the garage so I decided to turn the fuel shut off off on a Massey Ferguson model 35 industrial tractor well I accidentally adjusted the main discharge jet and now I don’t know what it’s supposed to be set to in the tractor will not start. I tried tightening it all the way down and backing off a quarter turn at the time and seeing if the tractor would start, but it won’t it. The other weird thing is that when I backed it all the way out there was no fuel coming out of the hole. I feel like a moron. I can’t believe I did this. The tractor ran great now. I don’t know where to start any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

One to two full turns, to start with. Go from there to fine tune it. If it doesn't start at 2 full turns, pull the plug out of the bottom of the carb and see if the gas runs freely out of the carb, for a while. Make sure your fuel shutoff is turned on. You may have dislodged some crud messing with the shutoff if you don't routinely use it. Tell us how it goes. steve

One to two full turns, to start with. Go from there to fine tune it. If it doesn't start at 2 full turns, pull the plug out of the bottom of the carb and see if the gas runs freely out of the carb, for a while. Make sure your fuel shutoff is turned on. You may have dislodged some crud messing with the shutoff if you don't routinely use it. Tell us how it goes. steve
I would check for fuel in the tank, check to make sure I turned the fuel on. Seat needle gently, back off two turns.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back