Case 1175 Hydraulic Pressure

larson9856

New User
I bought a Case 1175 with a loader on it, person I bought it from said the hydraulic pump was bad, there's a gauge on the loader control that
was showing only 500psi. I checked the psi at both rear take off and only got 500psi, disconnected the pump and put a gauge on the output and
pegged the gauge at 3500psi, obviously problem is not the pump.
can anybody point me in a likely direction of the problem?
I have repaired and Rebuilt hydraulics in my smaller tractors and dump truck, but this system is a bit more complicated.
Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS

Please tell us that you didn't ''dead head'' the pump with the gauge? Or, were you using a ''FloRatr'' style of test setup with a relief valve? In either case, WAY too much pressure to subject that old pump to! Did it ''kill'' the engine?

Hello Larson welcome to YT! You my friend eeked by with a stroke of luck! You have to be very careful deadheading a hydraulic pump. That pump has no internal relief, you are lucky you did not split the case wide open. There is also 2 sections in the pump so one may have tested good but the other may be bad. To test the other side you have to arrange fittings to tee into the line rather than block it off.
I believe the relies is in subsection 164 in the hydraulics section of the attached manufacturers online parts catalog.
I cannot tell you where it is located.
CNHI Case 1175 online parts catalog

Hopefully you didn't bust the pump by dead heading it with a gage. There are 2 halves to the pump, one for steering and the other for everything else. If you checked the larger pipe that's the hydraulics. But if not it sounds like the relief valve is bad. I just helped a friend fix his 1070. You need to pull the fuel tank and remove the valve assy, the relief is on the bottom of the valve. Just unscrew the cap and it all comes out. My guess is the spring is broke.

after a bit of cussing, a couple of baths in hydraulic fluid, I found the shuttle in the flow divider valve was stuck, rebuilt the valve and have hydraulic pressure again...

and yes I did get lucky and not screw up the pump, dopey me forgot to open the bypass valve on the test rig and deadheaded the pump.....

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back