Guys Im scratching my head on my timing of this motor. Long story short I completely rebuilt this engine. Put it all back together. Started it and was running pretty good. But I was having a issue with the injection pump not able to throttle it up with the foot pedal. Only was able to with the shut off cable on the injection pump. I had a spare pump that needed to be rebuilt i tore It apart and rebuilt it. Pump was pumping and working good. When I installed it and tried cranking the motor over but wasnt able to start the motor. The pump was pumping so I pulled the valve cover and noticed a couple bent pushrods I rotated the motor by hand and sure enough the piston was hitting the valve.. so I tore the timing cover back off and I had the cam gear off by one tooth. I could have swore I had that timed perfectly. I pulled the cam gear off and it looked fine the key wasnt sheared.. is there anyway it could have jumped timing? I would think I would have heard the valve hitting the piston when it was running. But it sounded pretty good.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back