Case 2090 dome light questions

andy r

My Case 2090 dome light does not work. Have the cab top off. Dome light works properly when a "jumper wire" from the battery is hooked directly to it. Light turns on with the rocker switch and on when the door is opened. So everything is OK except the power source. Is the factory wire to the dome light hot all of the time or only when the key is turned on? I see the dome light is fused. Fuse is OK. I do have a problem finding 12 volt power on either side of the fuse socket with a trouble light. If I can't get it figured out I can run a new dedicated wire up inside the cab post to it from 12 volt key switched power I found in the "cab to chassis socket". Any ideas on how the dome light works in a Case 2090 would be appreciated. I did post over on the Case forum yesterday with no response. Thank you.

The wire should be hot all the time. The wire must be bad or making poor connection between the battery and the fuse. The dome light should light for entry and exit from cab in the dark which is often done when the tractor is not running. Not familiar with a 2090 but some tractors have a circuit board to direct current to the fuses at the fuse block. I've seen them go bad.

Had same problem with my 2290 after major trans work. messing with the bulkhead connector fixed it.

jt

Its been a long time since mine worked. I know there is a big multi pin connector block in the top of the cab that gave me trouble with the fan motor. It eventually burned off one of the pins and I just hard wired it by passing the connector block. Maybe the dome light power goes through that block too.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back