I finally had time to look in to the rod knock issue. As I have stated in earlier posts, according to the manual the front axle needs to come off in order to drop the pan for my type of axle.
I want to know if anyone has any tips, tricks, or ideal tools to use for this job. I tried a pitman puller, and that did not work. The local Autozone and O'Reilys didn't have any heavier duty ones either. I tried an adjustable one, but it couldnt adjust wide enough to fit. I am out of ideas as to how to remove the center steering arm. We tried soaking it in PB Blaster, hitting it with a hammer, etc.
Any help is appreciated!
I want to know if anyone has any tips, tricks, or ideal tools to use for this job. I tried a pitman puller, and that did not work. The local Autozone and O'Reilys didn't have any heavier duty ones either. I tried an adjustable one, but it couldnt adjust wide enough to fit. I am out of ideas as to how to remove the center steering arm. We tried soaking it in PB Blaster, hitting it with a hammer, etc.
Any help is appreciated!