Case 2390 clutch packs and brakes lined plate material..

wore out

I have a chance to buy a relatively low-houred 2390 very reasonably that has sat for YEARS after exhibiting symptoms of a clogged charge pump suction screen.

I'm wondering what might be in there, are the powershift lined plates all ''sintered'' or are some ''paper lined''?

How about the brake discs?

What else might be in there ASSUMING that's what's happened?

If testing, in fact, shows loss of charge pressure after running for a bit is it worth taking off the back cover/PTO and having a look at the screen from there?

It's probably the brake disc's, pto disc's, differential lock disc's, and or the torque limitor disc's, the screen can be seen from the rear but it's next to
impossible to clean it good and to get all the rest of the junk out from the housings. In the past I have seen the use of a cheap hydralic oil being used and
moisture getting in the oil, this loosens the glue that holds the fiber disc to the steel plate.

(quoted from post at 16:53:23 04/23/23) It's probably the brake disc's, pto disc's, differential lock disc's, and or the torque limitor disc's, the screen can be seen from the rear but it's next to
impossible to clean it good and to get all the rest of the junk out from the housings. In the past I have seen the use of a cheap hydralic oil being used and
moisture getting in the oil, this loosens the glue that holds the fiber disc to the steel plate.

Thanks for the reply.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back