Case2390

New User
Hi,i got a 2394 with hydraulic problems tractor quit moving and no hydraulics or steering.Changed the suction tube to the main pump,removed pto and shifter cover and cleaned out the suction screen very little debris on it or inside the tractor.Put in new oil and filters checked relief valve above filters and it took pressure to push it open,used the tractor for cleaning corrals and everything was quiet for a while then the trans filter light started coming on and hydraulics got noisey.Most i used it was 10 hours after cleaning suction screen and changing oil and filters.Oil is hytran and filters bought at dealership.Put a pressure gauge on the oil filter plate and charge pump read 15psi when i started it,15 minutes later it read 10 psi.Is that my problem the charge pump is shot?

Hello Caseman welcome to YT! Okay I am no expert on
what you are dealing with, back on the farm where I
grew up we had a 1070 and a buddy had a couple 70
and 90 series. Because of this interest I remember
watching the attached video at the start he points out
where the suction screen is. Later at the 20 minute
mark he gets to the split to pull it out. Looking at the
CNHI online parts for your tractor it shows the same
screen. And also when I navigate to the housing
images it shows that same layout as his video with the
hole he pulled the screen out of, although the screen is
not shown there in the diagram. So my question is you
say you are checking and cleaning the suction screen,
can you really access that to clean it? Or are you
misunderstanding what or where the suction screen is?
FYI, if you are not familiar with the online parts book to
view more sections for your tractor choose model in
the search box and type Case 2394 in and search.
Then your tractor will be in the list to select. Also you
will have more luck if you repost your question in the
Case topic section. If you go to the ..Jump to.. or ..Hop
to.. box after my post you can get there.
2390 Video

CNHI 2394 hydraulic charge filter diagram

Thanks for the advice used rd Mn.As far as your question about the 2394,jack the front end of the tractor up and drain the hydraulic oil,then remove pto housing.Then remove the shifter cover plate on the side of the tractor and the suction screen is right there,i took a 12 volt pump and pumped diesel directly on to the screen.Diesel then runs out the back of the tractor into a container,pump picked it up from there and then back to flushing out the suction screen.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back