Case 310 Hydraulic Pump Updated

CathyCase

Member
I got the shaft back from the hydraulic company, when he looked at it he said it didn't need the "grind, chrome, grind, and polish" the pitting was not deep at all and he polished it. I can't measure a difference with my calipers between the diameter of the shaft before polishing and after, so the pitting must have looked worse than it was. Any recommendations for the torque on the bolts when putting the pump back together, or any other advice? I have it all back together, just not sure how tight the bolts should be or any other important thing I might need to know. Pictures show the shaft with groove, after polishing, and inside of pump. Insides look really good to me.
a267951.jpg

a267952.jpg

a267953.jpg

a267954.jpg

a267955.jpg
 
You're right, it looks good. Main thing with hydraulics is keep it clean and slimy. Get a clean, cheap dish pan to assemble it in, and pour hydralulic oil over everything before and during assembly. Big thing with the torque is to keep it even; just look up the standard torque for whatever size bolt you have. Tighten down in stages, so it stays even rather than getting one corner tight and inviting it to warp.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top