case 351 hyd question

deene

i have always liked the looks of these tractors and have found one that runs but 3pt doesnt work.
It does have remotes and i told seller to start tractor and operate both levers to see if engine pulls down when remotes are activated. If this doesnt happen is there a something that goes bad in a pump on these? parts available? other places to look? tractor seems in good shape from pics, tires decent narrow front no side curtains for sheet metal, general price on something like this?
Thanks for all the advice

My understanding is that less than 1000 350/351 Case tractors were manufactured. In some peoples opinion that makes them a more valuable tractor. Tires sheet metal and instrument panel(gauge cluster) all things affecting price. gobble

The 1st thing to do is check the oil level in the Torque Rube Reservoir. That Reservoir supplies the Hyd. Pump. Dipstick should be on the Range Cover. No parts are available for the Hyd Pump.

Many of those tractors had a mechanical disconnect on the hydralic pump drive, look for a shifter rail with a small cast ear on it, it would be on the hydralic cover under the fuel tank

Complete 351 in decent shape around here is 1500 - $2000 and up. Cluster instrument panel restoration ballpark $500 pending how many gauges need replaced.

Check the torque tube hydraulic oil level. If low, check the transmission oil level at the dipstick under the seat (~1-1/2 plug). Full level in transmission is the notch near bottom of the dipstick. If oil level is high here, hydraulic oil from the torque tube may be migrating from the torque tube into the transmission via 1. hitch piston seals and/or, 2. PTO drive shaft seal located in final drive void, 3. transmission main drive shaft seals and/or cover gasket in front of the transmission. 1. & 2. are common in Case tractors doing this era fairly inexpensive and repairable by most weekend mechanics, 3 is rare in my experience, requires split at transmission front, lots of work.

If it exists hydraulic pump drive linkage lockout as in the pic. Plunger out like this pic disengages pump drive linkage. The lockout is usually used when there is no need for hydraulic pressure for an extended period to save running hours wear on the pump.

cvphoto135928.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back