Case 430 Brakes

Travwm

Hi guys,

My Case 430 has a left wheel that locks up under light brake pedal pressure. At times it remains locked up for a few seconds after I take my foot off the brake pedal. The brakes on the right wheel seem to be not working. I do see a fluid leak from the right hand brake assembly cover. The brake pedals are locked together so that the brakes should apply equally.
Have any of you had one of these apart and might know what I should be looking for as to why the right wheel brake does not seem to be working?

Thanks in advance,

Trav

I can think of 2 things that will make the brakes lock up, you hit on 1, that is leaking Differential Seals. The 2nd thing is weak or broken Brake Springs, inside the housing on the actuators. 2 different braking systems were used on 430's, depending whether early or later production, but principle still the same.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back