rusty6

I could have put this picture in the Case tractor area but decided to go with the combine section. That is a 460 Case pull type behind the 730. The first machine that I did any serious combining with. Picking up a heavy spring wheat swath. A real learning experience. back in 1976. :roll:
16750.jpg

Great picture!!! I have a 400 Case pto machine and I'm always amazed at how smooth they are. I started farming in 68 and used a Western Special 930 like that and a 140 IH combine. Bought a 1160 Case in 75.

You are right, that is a 730 in the first pic. That 460 nearly drove me crazy sometimes and I spent a lot of time unplugging the cylinder. At some point I discovered spray on belt dressing and it made a huge difference to the capacity of that 460. A shot of belt dressing on the main drive and beater belts and it would double the capacity. Without that, the first lumpy bit of swath would stop the whole works. Never over loaded the tractor at all because the belt would slip. I think a new belt might have helped too.
A year later I upgraded to a 930. Sat out in the dust and weather for one more harvest and bought a "Cozy cab" for it. My only regret there is trading that 930 off when I bought my 2090 in 82.
16759.jpg

(quoted from post at 16:59:03 04/16/13) Your "932" looks a bit like my "931"
It looks like you have the same Cozy cab as I put on mine. Right down to those rear "flip up " brackets. I never did try it out to see if I could flip the cab backwards to work on the tractor but that was the idea. We hardly ever saw that style tractor with the small fenders, long wheelbase, etc. I recall one actually. Is that 38 inch rear tires on yours?

They are 18.4 x 34, in our country around here,you rarely saw Western Specials,but 10 mi West of us you saw them,but this tractor was used in row crop(pulling a potato equipment)
We sold this tractor new,infact I think it was our first of this series,in 1965

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back