Case 480E backhoe question.

Ray

Well-known Member
I've got a 480E backhoe with 2500 hours i've had for years.It never did start very good when cold.I've replaced the batteries a couple times,it helps a little,but it doesn't seem to be to be cranking fast enough.Once you get it started and warmed up you can shut it off and it will fire right up.I'm wondering if the starter
needs some work.It looks like one of those little
japanese starters.
 
Make sure that all the cables have good clean connections esp the battery box to the main frame,if no joy take the starter off and take it to the repair shop where they can test the speed and torque of the motor,I have come across starters that were turning slow due to water getting in from pressure washing so a good clean up is sure to improve things.I think Case use Nippon Denso starters.
AJ
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top