Case 802B Fuel Strainer

pkreuter

Attached is a picture of the fuel strainer out of a Case 802B diesel tractor I am restoring. It seems that someone cut away the lower section of the screen. My guess is that as it became plugged up they cut it away to make it easier to fill the tank? My question is do I need to worry about this at all since the fuel must go thru 3 filters once it leaves the tank? Is it worth trying to repair this or just put it back in and don't worry about it?
Paul K.

Attachments

• Strainer.jpg
    Strainer.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 16
Attached is a picture of the fuel strainer out of a Case 802B diesel tractor I am restoring. It seems that someone cut away the lower section of the screen. My guess is that as it became plugged up they cut it away to make it easier to fill the tank? My question is do I need to worry about this at all since the fuel must go thru 3 filters once it leaves the tank? Is it worth trying to repair this or just put it back in and don't worry about it?
Paul K.
You do not need it unless you have REALLY poor fuel handling techniques!

None of my tractors have one if those and I don't have issues. I've never even seen one of those in a tractor.

None of my tractors have one if those and I don't have issues. I've never even seen one of those in a tractor.
400, 7-800B, early 730,830 s had those strainers in the fill neck of tank. Secured with a large wire snap ring. Factory dipstick for fuel level hung on top rim. I think most were likely removed as it makes viewing fuel level a bit difficult when filling. The mesh is so large that it would take good sized debris to clog the screen.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back