Case 8430 round baler hydraulic problems

Dean333

New User
I bought a case 8430 round bailer in mint shape. tried it wouldnt keep down pressure in the system. bailed pulling lever keep pressure in system.it wouldnt latch on me or keep belts tight while lowering back end after I ejected a bale. belts always dragging on ground.tractor remote tottaly overhauled. six cylinders we put all new o rings n spacers. bought new non adjustable hydraulic valve for bailer no go.bale hydraulic tension system only reading 500 lbs pressure not 2500.forming belts tension arms not retracting to lock bailer or tighten belts or keeping needed pressure in system to bale.tractor outlets all have 2500 lbs pressure all good.no leaks in cylinders or hoses good shape.low flow oriface installed as manual states if belts arent staying tight while lowering after ejecting bale or to get needle bale indicator to go back up to empty bailer size indicator.im stumped n bummed out.

If it is like my 8455 baler, you need to close a valve on the hydrolic control system, manifold (whatever you want to call it) on my baler it is on the left side under the lower panel. Valve is where all the selenoids are located. When you park the baler it is to be openned so you don't build up pressure in the baler system due to temperature changes, have to close it to bale.

l found the valve under the controll box.where all the lines are going in. I put on vise and slowly closed it.it was opened all the time.I put it back in. it seems to work when closing bailer the belts are tightening up as I lower the rear end. just not still keeping pressure in system yet to start bailer. or latch it.im ordering new valve l hope will finally give me the pressure I need.to finally get our hay in. thanks

l found the valve under the controll box.where all the lines are going in. I put on vise and slowly closed it.it was opened all the time.I put it back in. it seems to work when closing bailer the belts are tightening up as I lower the rear end. just not still keeping pressure in system yet to start bailer. or latch it.im ordering new valve l hope will finally give me the pressure I need.to finally get our hay in. thanks

what valve on the case 8430 keeps the pressure in the system to keep the bailer latched so it does not open up on me with a bale in chamber.is it the one that I took off an pushed in to get the bailer belts to tighten up for me when lowering back end. it also stopped the belts from hanging on the ground after I pushed in the end of that valve in the vise.is that valve suppose to open an close when the bailer gets the2200 lbs pressure it needs to run the bailer.all else we did failed but that valve pushed in seemed to work so far.im not familiar with the case bailer yet n the hydraulics it has in order to run it without consistent problems when I really need it to work.does my tractor hydraulic lever keep the constant pressure in the bailer till im done a bale to keep belts tight n im able to engage pto an itll start turning belts to bale. with out constant pressure in bailer you can press clutch n engage pto till the cows come home. it wont work . only pickup works main belts dont turn to start bailing.thanks for your time n input. much appreciated.

I hope this picture helps. It is out of the manual, showing the control section for the 8455 baler. #1 in the picture is the valve I was talking about, it needs turned in (closed) to get pressure in the baler hydrolic system then opened a turn or so to relieve pressure at the end of the day. #2 valve controls how tight the bales are. #5 valve controls how fast the hydrolic twine arm travels across the bale spacing the wraps of twine.
a124275.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back