Case Colors

Dog gone

New User
While cleaning up my 41 VC I found orange paint under the red paint. I have a original advertisment page from a 1941 Farm Journal showing it painted orange. It sold new then for $630. When did Case change from the orange to red?
100_2189A.jpg" width=650 height=488
 
Never, Case tractors have been some shade of red since Flambeau Red was adopted for the letter series tractors in 1939. Power Red was adopted in the early 70s and I don't know what color CaseIH calls today's red.

I will admit Flambeau Red does look a bit orangish though. Allis Chalmers tractors were Persian Orange.

Jim
 
Flambeau red seems to become more orange as it ages (fades?)to my eyeball. But then my ex claimed most men can only correctly identify 4 colors, me just 2 black & white.

Your tractor pic appears orange to me, stripes on the flag red. Nice looking tractor you have whatever the color.

Joe
 
Beautiful looking VC. The color leans a little to the Persian Orange shade to my eye. My Dad started farming 147 acres with a new VC back in the days when VC's were new.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top