Case DC won't start

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I have rewired my DC case. When I tried to start it, it will just sorta backfire, and it will get flooded. Exaust will come out of the carbuerator and around the manifold. I have cleaned the carberator out and dried out the spark plugs, but it will still do the same thing. It ran and started fine before I rewired it, so I dont know if its in the electrical or something else. Please help!!
 
The reiwiring didnt include the spark plugs. I replaced the spark plugs and wires before I replace the other wiring, and it started and ran fine.
 
the on/off sounds probable, since a genorator shouldnt affect how a mag tractor runs. Mabey theres a bad switch or a loose connection in there???
 
Its either out of time or you have spark plug wire crossed none of the other wires can cause this unless you hooked the Mag wire up to a hot wire its supposed to go from ground to switch to Mag. You stop the tractor by grounding the mag.
Walt
 
HMM, Ran fine until you fixed it. Take the wires, NOT THE PLUG WIRES off the mag, if you haven't cooked it by giving it power, you should run. You can then shut it off by closing the fuel valve.
 
"If you haven't cooked it". Last spring I spot-welded the points on my DC's original magneto by connecting the ground wire to 6v+. Whoops.

I also found that the 'professional' rebuilder had reinstalled the rotor 10 degrees out of time. It took a little bit to trouble shoot that one.

Good luck.
 
If you ran battery voltage to a mag you probably cooked the points, condenser or coil on the mag.
Take a look at the cap for small cracks. Hal
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top