I bought a DC awhile back, it been sitting for a long time I think. (auction purchase) It was locked up pretty good but we managed to get it freed up, ended taking the head off and doing some honing but it's turning freely with the hand crank now. But we are hearing a clicking type sound (appears to be coming from the pistons area) when the number 1 and 4 cylinders are at the top.. then again when the 2-3 cylinders are at the top? Thoughts as to what would be causing this?

(quoted from post at 09:54:20 09/07/23) Never mind appears to be coming from the magneto. I would delete the thread but I don't see a delete button.
thank you
robally the impulse clicking. They do that at cranking speed.

(quoted from post at 09:54:20 09/07/23) Never mind appears to be coming from the magneto. I would delete the thread but I don't see a delete button.
thank you
robally the impulse clicking. They do that at cranking speed.

i hope u pulled the pistons and at least give it a set of rings. and yes thats the mag impulse clicking. and those are your running mate pistons , so u know when it comes to setting the valves. there is always 2 pistons at top dead centre at once. you set the valves on the cylinder on compression each time following the firing order.plus check out all the valves in the head by removing them , for inspection. of have a machine shop do the head also.

a thought,the rods in sc n dc are long .you might want to check n see if you possibly coulda bent 1 when you broke it loose

huh??? he was cranking it over and clicking at top dead centre. its the magneto impulse that is working.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back