Case engine g148b

cramerm1

New User
I have a g148b engine out of my 1737 case skidsteer that I am wanting to rebuild but am unsure how to remove the crank nut on the front side of the block that holds the pilot in place I am unsure if it is threaded or if it needs to be pulled with a puller I have tried to loosen it by turning it both directions and have tried heat if anyone has any ideas on how to remove this I would be very grateful Thankyou.
mvphoto46125.png
 
Square hole in the center for a breaker bar or impact wrench. Normal right hand threads. Usually pretty tight. Unthread it and then pull off pulley
 
Crankshaft nut Case p/n A35673.

Steel; 2.000 in. largest od, 1.375 in. smallest od; one end thd internally, 7/8 in. 14UNF-2B, rh thd size, 0.900 in. thd lg; other end with internal wrenching feature, 0.510 in. sq; with 0.500 in. thk collar spaced 0.250 in. distance from one end and 0.500 in. from the other.

Do yourself a favor use an impact.

Joe
 
(quoted from post at 01:57:32 12/05/19) sounds good thanks I will have to try an impact and see if I can get it off.

You may already be aware of this but it bears repeating, when dealing with fine threads that have a tendency to gall when stretched by the torque and possible ductility difference of the mating materials. Start with a low impact torque and work up until the nut breaks loose then unscrew the nut by moving it back and fore to help clean the threads.

Joe
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top