Case SC loosing power

IHguy86

New User
I'm having trouble with my case SC. When the PTO is engaged with a pull type brush cutter attached, and I begin going up a hill, I loose power and the engine stalls out. When traveling on level ground there is no issue. Furthermore I discovered a bird nest in my radiator, I believed I cleaned it all out but maybe believe this could be causing the issue.

Any help would be great!
 
In the radiator? or in front of the radiator? Matters not don't think that has any bearing the problem. I believe that your governor is not working as it should. Possibly some old hard grease limiting the movement inside. I've never been inside the gov on my SC. I have been into the ones on the DC and 400. Removed old hard grease and limbered up the movement on both. Or it couldbe much simpler and just need an adjustment of the spring tension. Someone a lot smarter/more knowledgeable than me will probably chime in. good luck. Luv the SC. gobble
 
Have you mowed that hill with it in the past? What size brush cutter do you have and how thick is the grass? Does it also stall on the hill with no load? I have a 5 ft. brush cutter and on my SC and it chokes down in tall grass.
 
If the governor is the problem, when the tractor is lugged down a lot, lean to the left and observe if the butterfly on the carb is opened all the way.
 
PS You say the tractor stall out. Does the tractor sputter and die as if the fuel mixture is too lean or one or more spark plugs are bad? Or do all cylinders keep firing until it dies?
 
I mowed with it last summer and had no issue it wasnt until this year that it started doing this. The mower I use is a 5 foot mower pull type.
 
The nest was inside of the radiator. I was waiting for a new To come in and in the meantime had shove the rag into the hall to keep critters like this from getting in however they had made their way into it. Ive sense put the proper cap on it and have no other issue with the radiator. So a video on YouTube with the guy was adjusting the governor Im going to try and check it out this week.
 
Just a wild guess here but is the float set too low or too high? Does it act lean and sputter and struggle and pop before it dies or does it belch black smoke and quit when you go up a hill? Or does it act like the switch was shut off? Could it be the battery slides back in the battery box and shorts the positive terminal. This would affect it only if it has a distributor conversion. Strange off the wall things like this can happen.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top