Case VAC differences?

Going to look at a Case VAC 14 tomorrow, how many variations of the VAC is there, and what are the differences? Thank You, in advance. I know IH, Oliver, and Deere, the Sc & DC, but not the VAC.

The vac-14 has a tubular adjustable wide front end you set low on it like a utility tractor. Has live hydraulics with eagle hitch. Good tractor but I never cared for the way case put the steering wheel at an angle on the later vac's looks like it was a hurried after thought. Just my humble opinion

What a question!! I'll give it a go. In the beginning there was the VC with a Continental engine, a replacement for the RC. This was about 1940. About the end of WWII, Case introduced the VA with a wide front and the VAC with a narrow front. These had a 124 ci Case engine and there was also a VAH high crop version. The Eagle hitch was added in the late forties. About 1950 Case introduced the VAC-# series with a different steering. The VAC-14 had a wide front and the floorboards located at the bottom of the transfer case. The VAS was also introduced as an offset high crop version (wide front) to compete with the Farmall A.

very early vac had a continetial built for case engine. not same as vc case. looked almost same as 124 engine cept had 2 large freeze plugs in side of block.
then there was the vah a full hi crop tractor

The late ACG guy, AKA Loren Fassett, explained it to me this way- early and late. Early model had a straight steering wheel, with a gear box in front of your feet. Later model had a crooked steering wheel, where the shaft wound its way all the way to the front via u-joints, into a gearbox up front.
Lots of other little differences. Throttle control. Cultivator mount. Gas tank. Wheel/tire sizes/fenders, and so on.

VAC 14 had more hp, bigger sleeves and pistons. Also the VAC14 didnt have a flat floor, but had foot rests on each side of the transmission. In many ways a more comfortable
cvphoto166020.jpg

to ride.
cvphoto166021.jpg

Notice the steering shaft running beside the engine

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back