cat 426 series 2 backhoe

urbancase

asking a question here as this is new to me backhoe, it will be farm hoe. there is no clutch in this hoe as i bought it out of state on auction now i have tractors with
shuttle shifts both machinal and electric. when you move shuttle either way it starts to move, i assume its like a auto tranny that until you give it throttle it does not
move so something not right. that said i have not drove it beside moving from deck of semi to my trailer deck we never unloaded to the ground and still on my trailer. i am working on getting r and r Manuel for it but wanted the serial numbers of the machine. any insight would be helpful after i have my combine cleaned up and put away want
to do some work to it and change all fluids, filters etc. thanks in advance for input.

Having a clutch or not has nothing to do with having bought it at an out of state auction. You purchased a torque converter machine. It should have kick out solenoid control buttons in the gear shift lever knob and the bucket control knob for use as a clutch.

Vehicles with automatics will creep when put in gear, at least at times.

My 426 will creep in the direction the shuttle lever is moved. How much depends on engine rpms, oil temp, and resistance to moving (rough ground, loose footing, mud, incline, etc.). I can't see yours, but I doubt there is much, if anything, wrong with it. Moving it across level trailer decks would be very little resistance to movement, so if the converter and clutches are tight it will creep, especially in the lower gears. It may creep less when it is warmed up, cold oil often is part of the creeping.

This post was edited by Jim.ME on 12/04/2023 at 04:36 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back