TEKelly

New User
I recently purchased a White 2-135. When it first starts there seems to be no fluid in the hydraulic pump and it cavitation. Is there a check valve that prevents all of the hydraulic fluid from running back into the transmission? Or could it be something else?
 
I'd have to look it up to be sure anymore, but I think that had a charge pump in behind the main pump didn't they?
Not sure. I've been told to change the hydraulic filter and something about a screen in the rear end. Would really like to fix the problem before something happens to the pump. I was told the pump was changed. Would make sense since it's blue and not black like everything else.
 
Yes they have a charge pump. Does it only sound lke it is cavitating after it sits for a day or so or does it do it if you shut it down and then restart shortly after? It could be the seal or an air leak on a suction line, but before I would tear into it especially since pump has been replaced and maybe new pump compensator not set correctly I would go that route first. Simply turn compensator screw counter clockwise a 1/4 turn or so to see if noise diminishes on start up. If it does then get yourself a guage to plug into a remote and someone who knows how to set it or read some of the old posts on compensator setting.
 
Yes they have a charge pump. Does it only sound lke it is cavitating after it sits for a day or so or does it do it if you shut it down and then restart shortly after? It could be the seal or an air leak on a suction line, but before I would tear into it especially since pump has been replaced and maybe new pump compensator not set correctly I would go that route first. Simply turn compensator screw counter clockwise a 1/4 turn or so to see if noise diminishes on start up. If it does then get yourself a guage to plug into a remote and someone who knows how to set it or read some of the old posts on compensator setting.
Thank you sir. I learn a little more every day.
 
Thank you sir. I learn a little more every day.
I'm not sure if it does it after setting for a short time since I have been afraid to run it because of this problem. Where is said compensator screw located? Perhaps I should aquire a manual. Is the charge pump an electric pump? Should I hear a noise from a pump when I turn the key on?
 
I'm not sure if it does it after setting for a short time since I have been afraid to run it because of this problem. Where is said compensator screw located? Perhaps I should aquire a manual. Is the charge pump an electric pump? Should I hear a noise from a pump when I turn the key on?
No its not electric. Yes you should get a manual . Compensator is attached to the blue pump you were talking about with 4 socket head screws the adjstment screw is on the end of it. It may look like attached pic or it could be a small srcew with or without a jam nut on it or it could be a hex nut depending on vintage of pump that was replaced. If memory serves me correctly in some industrial applications they had a hex cover nut that you removed to access the compensater screw, but I doubt yours would have that.
1791548469807.png
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top