chip to increase horsepower

williamd

Member
I am contemplating purchasing a 6320 mfwd with 7700 hours and i'm curious as to the method used to increase the horsepower. I would like to get another 15-20 horsepower. I have seen talks of increasing the horsepower via a chip or some kind of plug in reader. Please advise
 
I am contemplating purchasing a 6320 mfwd with 7700 hours and i'm curious as to the method used to increase the horsepower. I would like to get another 15-20 horsepower. I have seen talks of increasing the horsepower via a chip or some kind of plug in reader. Please advise
How many hours before a overhaul, do you figure on that tractor, 8000 ?
 
I would say but, it depends on how hard it was worked. I have not physically looked at the tractor yet although, based on the photos it appears have been taken care of.
 
Why wouldn’t you buy a tractor in the horsepower range that you need it to be? That is what I would recommend. My guess is to expensive? I see that tractor is shown as 100hp, what tasks that your using the tractor for will require the higher horsepower? I would say if those tasks would be somewhere in the 40 percent of total use or more buying a 120 hp model is a no brainer.
 
it would be safe to dial it up to the 110HP that the 6420 is rated for .https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/5/8/1586-john-deere-6420.html
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top