CIH 1594 power shift again

Doug Wi

Posted jan 26 about problems with the power shift not shifting into 3 and 4 until it got warm.. Got it started a couple days ago and the shift worked like it
is supposed to. Not believing it had cured itself over winter I decided to clean the suction filters as several of you recommended anyway. Some crud on them but
not bad. Didn't seem bad enough to cause the problem and it wasn't. Got done and took it out and took about 15 min for to finally shift solidly into 3 + 4. Drove
it again today and it never did shift solidly in 3+4.The IT manual has a paragraph about how to bleed the air out of the hyd system after draining the system, but
doesn't mention the power shift system. We blew a line last summer and drained the system, but I think it was causing problems before that. Don't know how to post
a link to my previous post, but it was on jan 26. Its a big problem because it's my wifes favorite discbine tractor. Thanks for any insight any one might have.

Yes. checked with a couple different mechs today and after telling them what I have done, they felt that the seals in the 3 +4 clutch packs are bad and not
holding preasure. Not a terribly hard repair but a terrific amount of labor to get to it. Estimated at 5 to 6K cost. Got to decide if its worth it on a 35 year
old machine.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back