Civic Update

David G

We got everything together and running today.

The rear brake shoes are in great shape and adjusters fine, so just replaced the rusted out drums and put the new parts on the shelf.

The thermostat housing was leaking after changing, there is a split rubber gasket that goes around the thermostat, is a bugger, just did not get it straight first time. It fits upside down, and is real hard to install, took two of us to get it, but no leaks now.

We had found that both front sway bar links had separated, also found one of the rear had too, so just going to replace all four.

The exhaust pipe had a big hole where the front hanger was, we wrapped a steel patch around that for right now.

The engine surges after fully warming up, sure sounds like an intake leak, but happens all of a sudden when the engine gets to a certain temperature, so I do not think it is an intake manifold leak. We are getting two trouble codes, one for ELD voltage issue, and the other for a faulty PCV valve. I checked voltage and the alternator is functioning correctly. There is a solenoid on the side of the throttle body that has two large lines going to it, I think that might enable PCV when it gets warm. Advice on this is welcome if someone has experience.

My son and his grandfather are going to install his new radio tomorrow. so I get the day off.

Check that the throttle plate can close completely. On Hondas, if the throttle does not close completely, the idle will surge. The valve you are describing is probably the purge valve. PCV is not monitored by the ECM, PCV is just a normal rattle valve in the valve cover.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back