alberta dave
Member
After the fourth attempt I have finally achieved a working clutch in my freshly repowered 1850.
It turned out that the spare clutch plate I ordered last year was coned/distorted ever so slightly but enough to prevent the clutch from releasing. I watched the videos that Chris L put up on YouTube and that was a big help in getting to the source of the problem. Thanks Chris for sharing your knowledge and skills in video format. With a mix of a brand new pressure plate, used clutch out of a donor tractor and a fresh machined flywheel its all back together and working fine. A month behind schedule but together at last.
Has anyone else run into a new but warped clutch from Hy-Cap? I ordered the clutch last summer so I doubt I will have any warranty or recourse.
It turned out that the spare clutch plate I ordered last year was coned/distorted ever so slightly but enough to prevent the clutch from releasing. I watched the videos that Chris L put up on YouTube and that was a big help in getting to the source of the problem. Thanks Chris for sharing your knowledge and skills in video format. With a mix of a brand new pressure plate, used clutch out of a donor tractor and a fresh machined flywheel its all back together and working fine. A month behind schedule but together at last.
Has anyone else run into a new but warped clutch from Hy-Cap? I ordered the clutch last summer so I doubt I will have any warranty or recourse.