Cockshutt 1850 2 speed removal

Mattz

New User
Hello, I’m rebuilding the engine in my 1850, got the engine and 2 speed out but I can’t seem to get the 2 speed disconnected from engine, I’ve got about a 1/2 gap all the way around but it just won’t separate. I can see the splines sliding on the clutch so it doesn’t seem seized. Just wondering if I am missing something or could the input shaft be seized on the pilot bearing not allowing it to come out? Thanks!
 
Those hydra powers are heavy . If you take a little weight off with hoist and pry bar around each side it should come off.
Okay, yeah I’ve got a cherry picker on it and 2 guys with pry bars on each side. It will wiggle back and forth but just can’t get it to slide out. Really scratching my head here lol
 
Okay, yeah I’ve got a cherry picker on it and 2 guys with pry bars on each side. It will wiggle back and forth but just can’t get it to slide out. Really scratching my head here lol
Don’t wiggle it side to side. Stick a pry bar in the back of the shaft and pull up. They are tail heavy and will bind. Also a possibility there is some wear in the shaft splines and the clutch disk is having a hard time sliding off.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top