Cockshutt 40 vs 50 for stock class pulling

Briggs

Hi guys, I'm considering another Cockshutt to use in higher weight classes. I use my 30 in "farm stock" 3500-4000, so I'm thinking about something to use in 4500, 5500, or 6500 pounds (likely 5500 and 6500), also in a "stock" class.

I was told recently that a 40 and 50 are the same tractor, except for the engine. I'm unsure if that is true. Those of you with a 40 or 50 (or both), what weight transfer sled classes are you running in?

Also, which would you rather start with in a stock class, a 40 or a 50? I'm mostly considering gas engines, but would consider diesel if someone explained that it'd be a better starting foundation.

I'm going to try to check out a few this week. If there is anything special I should look for, please let me know. Thanks.

I don't pull but yes, the 40 and 50 are the same. 40 uses 230 ci Buda and the 50 has 273ci. 230 is wet sleeved, 273 has cast in cylinders. The rear ends are very strong, four pinion
differential and roller bearings inside the bull gears are set in an inner wall in the housing.

I pull a 40 that is purty much stock except I removed the pto and the belt pulley gear box and it has front, center and rear weight brackets it weighs 4300 with out me on it. I pull 4500, 5000, 5500. I have pulled up to 7700 but I dont like all that hanging on it.

I have a NF 50 I pulled in the 4500 and 5000 lb classes,it did real good in both won a lot of trophies.Original block and pistons,installed a head off an early
A Gleaner combine as AC had increased the valve size and more compression.Also have a 50 with a 262 gas off an AC C combine run about 80 HP but its a Wheatland model pulled in the 5000 and 6000.The later style manifolds by AC gives better air flow too.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back