Cockshutt disc plows

Frank H

New User
A friend of mine is selling me a Cockshutt 3 disc plow. I've always used a No.8 2 bottom IH plow behind my M. The disc plow looks heavy, but really well made. Are these any good?
 
Disc plows in heavy land don't work as well as regular plow. They were better in medium light soils. They were made heavy to hold them in wheras regular plow held itself in.
 
A disc plow was made to work in ground so hard a moldboard plow can?t penetrate . My soil turns over about like the second picture dry and hard like concrete
cvphoto35107.jpg


cvphoto35108.jpg


cvphoto35109.jpg
 

I agree with SV that a good disc plow will plow hard ground. In my youth I drove a tractor pulling a 4 disc plow turning over many acres that a moldboard wouldn't plow the soil but just scratch the surface.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top