Computer Problems

Texasmark

I acquired a used Dell laptop with Windows 10. Its stuck in the airplane mode and won't come out per normal means...the on-0ff
functions work on the WIFI on-off buttons but the screen is locked on with the airplane mode button in the on position.. I can't get
information about my tractors on that computer if I can't get it off so that I can use my wifi in the field.

Thanks,
Mark

WHat i see on Win 10: go to settings (the gear), Go from there to network and Internet. Scroll down to Airplane Mode. Click it and shut it off. That may be what you are doing, but that is all I can suggest. Jim

Laptop at work has a switch on the side of it that puts the Wi-Fi in airplane mode. I bumped it carrying it around and it took me a while to figure it out.

Mark, I have a Dell Latitude E6540 that used to constantly go into Airplane mode because of the switch on the right hand side. I finally jammed a piece of plastic in the switch to keep it from moving. Still occasionally if I put it in my bag wrong, it'll move it but there's a sweet spot about a quarter way from off...aggravating.

I know of the switch and it was in the forward position adjacent to the antenna monogram. Also moved it in the other direction. Possibly a defective switch as when you go to the frame where all 3 on-off switches are located, Airplane mode contains gray coloration and the button is pale and will not respond to click movement whereas the other two are black and white background and move when you move them, stay on for a few seconds, realize that Airplane is locked in and go back to off.

If it needs a sweet spot if I have it on to that display and move the switch around, will it immediately change the coloring and ability to change the position........Rex, how do you find the sweet spot?

I have Lymphoma again, after 10 years being clean but this time in the lower abdomen (zero pain) rather than in the lower stomach area where pain was intense....almost had my digestive tract completely sealed off. Have zero pain and zero side effects from this treatment, once a week. Texas Oncology has a facility 25 miles from the house. Today is my 3rd treatment and I already feel that the growth is in recession.

The Dr. that runs this Chemo. part of the operation really knows her stuff. She has been running this for 30 years of which I am aware. She said that the cancer drugs are a lot better now than back then. I agree with that....my fingernails and hair are still intact....not like the last time and no side effects. I can do my farming chores not even aware that I am having treatments. I bought this thing to occupy my time while having the treatments...about 5 hrs.

I have a flip phone, not a smart phone which would solve the boredom thing......picked up a book about a guy who lives up on an island in the Northwest Passage area and it's real interesting...... I'm not a hermit, but it does read good.

Thanks folks for your time and thoughts.

I'm sorry I don't have any input about your Dell laptop. I have one, but it's on Windows 7. Your comment about the lymphoma sealing off your digestive tract and the pain you've had when that happened made me think about my own experience with medical issues. It sounds like you have found the help you need for treating yours. That's good. My question is: How did you get your doctor to understand the pain you were having in that area? When I describe the pain in my stomach(knowing it is a digestive problem) he refers me to a cardiologist whose tests show no problem with this 74-year-old heart, but he wants to do more invasive testing.

Butch

The 2013 Lymphoma started as a trip to the GP Dr. for constant stomach pain. The Dr. ordered an exploratory visual probe of the stomach and the intestinal tract. The exploratory Dr. took pictures of the clog at the base of my stomach. She sent them to the Oncology Dr. who contacted me and we had an appointment. 6 months of very tolerable Chemo and that was that.....still no problems there here in 2023.

This time around I had Prostate Surgery....the cut the core out of the apple thing, which worked and still is working great after my couple of months of figuring out how to transcend from catheters to mind over prostate urinary release signals. During an ER visit because of bladder infections due to the catheters, the Dr. overseeing my visit in a CT scan he ordered, just happened to notice a blob in my abdnominal cavity, just above my pelvic bone. Fast forward a biopsy and a visit to the same Dr. who treated my 2013 cancer told me that Lymphoma had returned but in a different location.

I completed my 3rd once a week visit to her this morning and I can already tell the the chemo has started reducing the size of the blob. Neat thing is that I have had zero side effects from her treatment, absolutely zero pain with this problem. I am currently putting in my spring hay crop, like nothing ever happened. Piece of cake....I am thrilled......no invasive surgery pulling all my guts out and laying them on a table while cutting out the whatever it is, no pain and months long recovery period completely shutting my farming activities doun for at least 6 months.......life is good....you just have to make the right decisions.

Forgot something: The prostate surgery thing was in November. The catheters came out first of the year. I was reluctant to have them removed as I was afraid of wetting the bed since my system generated about 2 liters of liquid overnight in the catheter night time bags. Well to my surprise, after removal there was no withdrawal period. The two systems linked back up, nar a surprise, and I can pee like I was 14.....to tubes, no nothing.......and the rest of the system works like I was a youngster too!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good.

Wow! Your doctors seem to be very thorough in their work. I've had the scope into the stomach which you mentioned and the colonoscopy. Everything was clear. I also had a prostate procedure, but not as extensive as yours. If I have to have the core cut out, I hope mine goes as well as yours has. I am glad you are doing so well, and thanks for sharing the details.

Butch

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back