Crittr1963

New User
I have a dc to ac converter its called a "Whicka"
made by Princeton Industries.
Looks like a power strip but has five or six wires coming out of it and a switch that says Car - Tool.
Anyone know how to hook it up
Thanks
 
If it's what I think it is, it connects to an external regulator alternator and allows it to produce 100+ volts DC to run lights or non VS brush type tool motors. The one I had years ago used a DPDT toggle switch to bypass the external regulator to feed the alternator field full 12V and switched the alternator output from the battery to 120V duplex socket. It also had a little neon indicator light that would light when you had the alternator spinning fast enough to produce the 100+ volts.
It was hard on control switches, but that 100V+ DC made the tools have a lot of power. I could twist off 1/2 inch wheel studs with a 1/2 inch electric impact wrench. ;-)
 
This link describes what I am talking about, "alternator secrets" , about page 6 or7 I believe.
Alternator secrets
 
It is not an inverter it puts out about 100 volts DC. will run brush type motors witch are AC/ DC motors. they were nonomal at the best. WE used one on Company truck for years . Untill getting an AC power unit. My advice would be to junk it and buy a good AC power unit, or buy a good inverter.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top