cork packing washer question,,,

Rapidcolt

New User
My 36 A has the three way valve between the sediment bulb and the carb--the three way valve leaks, and the culprit is the cork washer. the part number is (I think) D 2122 R. Can this be found? I am having no luck. The guys at NAPA say to get a nitrile O Ring. I can't find anything in the right size. It's 7/8 OD x 1/2 ID x 1/8 thick. Any help? Thanks.
 
A new D2122R isn't too expensive ($7.25), but I've had very good success with substituting an industry standard number 310 o-ring which is 0.895" OD, 0,475" ID, 0.21" thick for that application. And a single o-ring is very inexpensive. I also use a fuel-resistant lubricant, "EZ Lube", made by United Erie which is apparently used mostly in the aviation world. A very thin coating of EZ Lube on the barrel of the three-way valve has proven to seal the valve from any internal leakage and a abundant coating on the o-ring not only helps seal any potential external leakage along the stem, but also makes rotating the valve easier. However, that EZ Lube stuff is VERY viscous and sticky which prevents you from rotating the valve quickly, but with steady force, the valve does rotate nicely - and it doesn't leak!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top