Craftsman Grinder

Ted in NE-OH

I have a Craftsman 3/4 30-year-old grinder whose plastic eye shields need help. The New ones are NLA. The viewing area can't be seen through because hot sparks have hit the underside and pitted it. How would I polish those pits out?

I have a Craftsman 3/4 30-year-old grinder whose plastic eye shields need help. The New ones are NLA. The viewing area can't be seen through because hot sparks have hit the underside and pitted it. How would I polish those pits out?
Can’t help with parts source but when mine got like that I replaced them with pieces of plexiglass that I cut to size, drilled and mounted.

source

In reality the best practice is to replace the shield with a new piece of lexan polycarbonate. Polishing the old one will end up being difficult and end with distortion in the view through the plastic. the link is to a source, Not the only one, Glass window repair shops are also a real source.

Ted in NE-OH:

You can use lexan. I got some at Lowes. 1 foot square piece for a few dollars,

Guido.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back