Crank Pulley Stuck !!!

Plow Away

New User
I tried installing my crank pulley for my Farmall A. I heated the pulley up to 200 degrees and tried installing it. The keyway hole was a hair off and now the pulley is stuck. The pulley can"t go on all the way because it is misalined and I can"t take it off because it won"t move. Can I turn the pulley to get it to line up or do I have to take the thing off and re-try it? How do I take it off? Please help !! The grass is getting tall
 
you are going to need to get a gear puller on it and pull it back off. then reheat it to get it back on. one method i found that works good to heat up pulleys is to use a deep fryer,(but dont let the mrs know what you are doing. i used the presto fry daddy with cooking oil in it, set the pulley in there, let er get hot and put er on. careful with the hot oil.
 
Another method which could end in divorce is to put it in with the sunday roast when wife is not looking but you did not hear that from me mike
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top