Crazy Distributor

How thick is rolling paper? Looks like a thick rolling paper is only about .013", many are thinner. A TO30 calls for .022" point gap, which is more than any rolling paper thickness I find. I always used a flap off the box the points came in to set them. I think rolling paper would clean them.
 
Thanks. Actually i did set the static timing with a thin piece of paper, same as shown in your picture. That will get it started so i can use a light to get it right.
 
How thick is rolling paper? Looks like a thick rolling paper is only about .013", many are thinner. A TO30 calls for .022" point gap, which is more than any rolling paper thickness I find. I always used a flap off the box the points came in to set them. I think rolling paper would clean them.

NOT gapping the points, setting the timing.

Put timing mark at 6o BTDC. Rotate distributor until the paper will just slip out of closed points , e.g. points open.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top