Cub cadet 102 options

T-Nason

Good morning,
While digging around the farmyard I found a old cub cadet 102. In asking my grandfather about it, the engine had issues and swung a rod and was removed. Presumably, the engine is lost to time. Does anyone know of a modern replacement engine that could work? I know its a narrow frame and those may be tricky to find something to fit.

(quoted from post at 12:12:56 11/11/21) Good morning,
While digging around the farmyard I found a old cub cadet 102. In asking my grandfather about it, the engine had issues and swung a rod and was removed. Presumably, the engine is lost to time. Does anyone know of a modern replacement engine that could work? I know its a narrow frame and those may be tricky to find something to fit.
10hp kohler.
You can still a brand new kohler made to fit.
I would suggest visiting onlycubcadets.net for a trove of vast knowledge.

https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php

There is a garden tractor discussion board on this site farther down, you might get better results there. Does it have one of those old Koehler's with a starter generator? That sure was a bad idea!

The garden tractor forum on this site averages 2 posts per day. Not very popular.

If anything it might be in the OP's best interest to seek out a forum dedicated to this. There are some pretty active garden tractor forums out there, and if I'm not mistaken even a popular Cub Cadet specific site.

It had a K241, 10hp originally. Most of the K series singles 10-14hp can be fitted as long as they have the correct oil pan and crankshaft end to fit the PTO. Can either be starter/generator model or flywheel alternator and starter by adjusting the wiring. Great little machines and engines.

I had a 1962 cub cadet, 10 hp kohler.
Rebuilt the motor. Not a big fan of the mower deck, belt drive mower and the belt drive starter. Constantly working on mower.
Only had a 3 speed tranny. 3rd too fast to mow other gears were too slow.

A great tractor for people that want to make a puller tractor. Drive shaft to gear box. Built like a tank. Mine was built more like a true garden tractor.

I bet if you advertised it, even with a blown motor someone would want it to make a puller and give you a good price. I personally wouldn't fix it.

If you decide to piece it back together with a basic K241, a Cadet oil pan will not be hard to find. Just remember, if youre sourcing parts from several different places, you must have a starter-generator for a Cub Cadet. Cadets started from the PTO end and the starter turns the opposite direction.

Where are you located? I have a few blocks, short blocks, and a complete engine or two. With it being narrow frame, you will need to find an engine with the smaller flywheel and bearing plate. These can be used on 10 hp on up to the 16hp engines.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back