grandpa Love

Bought a Lo-boy last Saturday. Still on my trailer, it's a 62, with a magneto. Stuck a hand crank in the front and rolled the motor over. Got weak ( orange) spark at each plug. Big question is , the motor is difficult to spin over. Just to be sure, I stuck the hand crank in 3 other cubs, much easier to spin. I pulled the spark plugs and filled cylinders with penetrating oil. Wasn't much easier to spin with plugs out..... Any ideas??

Is it possible the clutch is dragging a bit because its not adjusted correctly or maybe a big rodent nest jammed in that area?

If your lucky the engine was rebuilt very recently and the new bearings are tighter than in the other cubs.
Dave

If the cylinder has rust on them it will take some time for the oil to do its job. A rusty bolt doesn't get easy to spin a nut off of till you have the nut off the first time and then back on

the oil cyl's should be lubed before even trying to turn the engine over. do you know what dry rust and carbon is doing to the pistons and cyl's? it like a file or emery cloth inside. thats the first thing i do on any sitting engine. also aids in starting them too. hold the clutch down and try to turn it to eliminate from flywheel back.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back