Cub Gas Tank Outlet Problem - Update

Hotflashjr

Spent some time on this over the weekend. I gently chased the threads in the tank and on the fuel bowl with a tap and die. The threads in the tank had already been chased and did not have any taper left. They also had some crud in them. Cleaned everything up good. My local auto parts guy had me try out Permatex 85420 which is a fuel resistant gasket dressing and flange sealant. I brushed a light coating on both parts, threaded together, put the fuel line on and let dry for a few hours. No leaks at all and the stuff is supposed to not dry hard enough where it won't come back apart.

Ran 12 loads of compost with the cub and McCormick Deering 100 spreader Yesterday afternoon on some frozen ground and not a drop of fuel leaked out.

Glad it worked out for you. something that can be done since the threads are chased till the taper is now gone. you could with the tank off braze a bolt in the hole then re drill and tap for the bowl to get the taper back if you need to.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back