super 88 diesel update

super99

BUMMER!! I went up today with a new battery and 4 gallons of diesel fuel hopeing to get it running. NOT!! I put the battery in and thought it would be a good idea to flush out any old fuel before it gets in Dieseltechs reworked pump, so I tried to drain the water trap. Its stuck and I twisted off the Grips on the valve. I took the sediment bowl off of the tank and cleaned it, opened the valve and nothing came out. I didn't think to take my good light but had a weak one in the pickup, so I got it and looked in the tank but could only see some dark colored fuel. I thought more fuel might raise the level enough to get above the stand pipe it there was one, still nothing. I tried stuffing a rag in the tank opening and blowing air in the tank to no avail. That's it, I'm gonna haul it home and work on it here instead of an hour away! Have to pull the tank and clean it out and get a new drain valve and probably a new sediment bowl to start with. Before I left, my wife asked how long it would take. I said that depends if everything works good or not, I guess it was not.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back