cub problems

ed in cny

Member
I have been using the cub this winter for snow blowing but the lift handle has gotten stuck. How does the thing come apart? Is there something I"m missing to get it working? I have given it the works with spray but it"s no help. I am getting quite tired of having to hold up the blower every time i back up. Any help would be great.
 
Does it work in the garage after it is thawed out??
On mine, the more its used the better it gets.
My Grandson is using it now, I imagine it is working
real good now.
 
Sorry guys it's a 124. It worked this summer ok. But when it got to winter it worked one time then stuck. The front pin is in and I can't get at it. The plunger in down and won't come back up. I have given it a squirt everytime I get out there. I have tried like the book say's to turn it around and unscrew it so I can clean it out but I can't get the button off. I guess I'm stuck. This help?
 
The front pin is a press fit. The top plunger is threaded on the rod that runs down thru the lever. The top plunger is spring-loaded, and undercut where the front pin engages to lock it down. The plunger has a tendency to break at the undercut when you try to unscrew it.
 
I did manage to get mine off that had been there about 30 years. As I recall, it was not easy nor do I remember all the contortions I had to go through. The major problem is that you cannot really get penetrating oil into the push button because the button is threaded over the threaded rod and it would be very easy to break it off as noted above.

The hint I DO have is that mine now has a screw driver slot cut into the top with a Dremel tool. If yours comes out as mine did, you will need to use a wire wheel on that slot before replacing to keep from wearing a blister on your thumb. Don't ask how I came by that bit of wisdom. At any rate you can count on having to replace the release button. That was what had worn out and wedged mine up.

Good luck.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top