Benj R

Member
I sold this Dearborn 10-95c cultivator this week for 300.00 (Can). I guess it
must have been priced right, It sold within 24 hrs.
a270563.jpg

a270564.jpg
 
I still have another one that came with our 1947 2n. I find these cultivators very useful and use them a lot every year. I too think they are worth more than what I sold it for,but that seems to be the price they are selling for these days.
 
(quoted from post at 20:16:57 06/15/18) I sold this Dearborn 10-95c cultivator this week for 300.00 (Can). I guess it
must have been priced right, It sold within 24 hrs.
a270563.jpg

a270564.jpg

I got my rusty old Ferguson for $180, It has the same sweeps as yours did on the back row of shanks but I have chisel plow sweeps on the front and need some chisel points.

However, when I raised it up it would catch the tires, so
I put a fair bit of work into it as I had to reverse the two lower pin brackets and subsequently had to add 3" to each of the braces going to the rear.
18369.jpg

18370.jpg
 
I have no idea why it would have been catching the tires. I have a Ferguson unit and on the 2N, NAA and 4000 with 38" rear wheels plenty of clearance. But it could make that 4000 that put out 60 horse on the dyno talk. Engine was bored twice, first time because they did not set up the boring equipment rite and started slightly offset of the piston hole.
 
I did the same as you with my lower links on my Ferguson cultivator,but I left
the top the way it was, I just lengthen my top link. I found with 12.4x28 tires on
the N tractors, that when the cultivator swings from side to side the tires will
rub,unless you use stabilizer bars.
 
(quoted from post at 16:16:26 06/16/18) I have no idea why it would have been catching the tires. I have a Ferguson unit and on the 2N, NAA and 4000 with 38" rear wheels plenty of clearance. But it could make that 4000 that put out 60 horse on the dyno talk. Engine was bored twice, first time because they did not set up the boring equipment rite and started slightly offset of the piston hole.

Leroy,
Mine is a MF 59 so I'm guessing that it was made before my 13.6 tires were ever put on an NAA, because the lugs definitely bumped & lifted the angle iron when it was raised. that's with my stabilizers connected as well.

Benj,

Being a novice at using the rig, I wanted to make sure it had the same range of top link operation that it needed. Maybe I didn't have to do all that work. :shock:
18382.jpg
 

It will probably fetch $100 around here its not in the same category as the one posted not even close. One thing tho it will part out for more money than its worth you just have to wait for the right guy looking for the parts to fix his broken tines/hardware...
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top