cut some birch

rustred

cut a bit of birch this weekend . gotta get a jump on next years firewood. and split a few days worth of tamarack. far as i am concerned tamarack i like better than birch. people go nuts for birch and its way over priced. .

Attachments

• IMG_5720.JPG
    IMG_5720.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5719.JPG
    IMG_5719.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 104
We have both Birch and Tamarack on our property in N MN, but the Tamarack is dying from the larch beetle, I believe. The most popular firewood in that area is Black Ash, and it's the easiest to process, it's easier to split it by hand than lift it into a splitter. When the area was first settled about 1905, they needed a name for the post office, so my grandmother submitted Birchdale, and it was accepted. The paper mill will buy all 3 species if it's mixed in with a specie that they really prefer, but if that's all there is they're not interested. The most popular pulpwood for that mill is poplar, with spruce being a close second, and I think they use almost 2,000 cords a day. We are very lucky that that mill is still running!

We have both Birch and Tamarack on our property in N MN, but the Tamarack is dying from the larch beetle, I believe. The most popular firewood in that area is Black Ash, and it's the easiest to process, it's easier to split it by hand than lift it into a splitter. When the area was first settled about 1905, they needed a name for the post office, so my grandmother submitted Birchdale, and it was accepted. The paper mill will buy all 3 species if it's mixed in with a specie that they really prefer, but if that's all there is they're not interested. The most popular pulpwood for that mill is poplar, with spruce being a close second, and I think they use almost 2,000 cords a day. We are very lucky that that mill is still running!
we have lots of poplar also. i try to avoid it as it leaves a lot of ashes and you do not get the heat from it like tamarack. tamarack is next to coal for heat and leaves little ashes.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back