Cut some hay

jon f mn

Well-known Member
A friend passed away a while back and he had some hay not done yet so his wife asked if I wanted it. So I have an extra 25 acres of hay now. Spent a couple hours Saturday and from 10-4:30 today cutting it with my 955 swather.


cvphoto56643.jpg


cvphoto56644.jpg


cvphoto56645.jpg


cvphoto56646.jpg


Hope it gets dry before it rains, will be nice hay if it does. Hopefully I'll get it baled before Saturday as it's supposed to rain then.

Abe, formerly the worlds best dog, decided to kill a pig today. Not happy about that. Couldn't take the runt either, had to be the biggest nicest one.
 
I hope you "shamed him" about the pig. Let him know you were unhappy. That dog is very trainable (your previous post), you can get him by this. gobble
 
I see a big round baler coming to the Kingdom for next summer. You can get one with the Case name on the side, built by NI , nearly 35 years old almost, for vey little. I had a 4x4 soft core NI version back in the day. Very simple machine, and can be bought for very little. Soft core bales aren’t the greatest, but beat the heck out of doing Thousands of small squares.
 
I am hoping he gets past it. I took the dead pig and gave him a few good whacks with it. They say that will cure them if anything.
 
Yes it has a conditioner, it's a very aggressive type but only 4 feet wide so the rows are narrow. Not the best setup but not bad.
 
I may buy the Vermeer that Jeff had, it's a 504g and not in too bad of shape. Would rather have a case and will get one some day.
 
Jon, do you know someone with a hay tedder? I've able to knock a full day drying down with this method, this time of the year has bit me in the butt more than once.- Ken
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top